Vegas Dos and Don'ts
With a tagline like “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas,” it’s easy to think Sin City has no rules, but following a short list of dos and don’ts will guarantee your Vegas vacation has a story (or two) worth sharing.
Don’t cram all your friends into one standard room.
- Do use MGM Resorts Connections, a new concierge service that offers exclusive perks for small groups that book five or more rooms. Guests are treated to VIP passes at some of The Strip’s hottest spots like Hakkasan Las Vegas and WET REPUBLIC at MGM Grand, as well as tickets to the best shows in town.
- Do use your smartphone to skip the check-in lines and reserve your pool chair at ARIA with its new mobile platform.
just sip classic cocktails at the bar.
- Do learn how to concoct them at home with the Mixology Training & Tasting M life Moment. In a two-hour session at Monte Carlo’s HIT Bar & Lounge, you’ll go behind the bar with a talented mixologist to learn the history and fine art of crafting the perfect cocktail.
skip your workout just because you’re on vacation.
spend every night at the club.
- Do visit Delano’s Franklin and Vdara’s VICE VERSA, where the laid back, yet high-energy setting provides the perfect place to enjoy good conversation and eclectic beats while sipping innovative cocktails and shareable plates.
bring home cheesy trinkets you’ll end up throwing away six months later.
- Do invest in a statement accessory from Tom Ford or Stella McCartney. At The Shops at Crystals, one of the world’s largest collections of high-end designers, you’re sure to find something to cherish for years to come.
choose between the spa and pool.
- Do them both at the same time. Indulge in poolside treatments at Sky Pool at ARIA or Delano Beach Club, two of the newest pool scenes on the Las Vegas Strip.
rely solely on buffets to get the most bang for your buck.
- Do get your sushi fix at a great price at Luxor’s Rice & Company, or cool down while sipping on The Adult Cookie Jar, made with vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookies, chunky cookie dough, Bailey’s Irish Cream, SKYY Infusions Vanilla Bean vodka, and topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. This delicious drink is just one of many alcohol-infused milkshakes available at BLVD Creamery at Monte Carlo.
be duped into thinking everything is within walking distance on The Strip.
- Do use the complimentary trams located on the west side of Las Vegas Boulevard. With nearly 24/7 transportation from Mandalay Bay to Excalibur, Monte Carlo to Bellagio and The Mirage to Treasure Island, your feet will thank you.