Monte Carlo Introduces Energetic Open-Air Plaza Featuring Casual Eateries on Las Vegas Strip
Enjoy Al Fresco Dining at Yusho, Double Barrel, 800 Degrees, BLVD Creamery and Sambalatte
Click to Tweet: .@MonteCarloVegas’ #BLVDPlaza offers delicious eats on the #Vegas Strip http://prn.to/1q0KzWM
LAS VEGAS (June 10, 2014)--- Monte Carlo Resort and Casino has completed a multi-million-dollar reinvention of its Strip-facing facade, debuting a lively open-air plaza with six unique dining concepts and vibrant community spaces.
Monte Carlo’s BLVD Plaza delivers a cool, high-energy atmosphere making it the ideal setting to enjoy Vegas’ sultry summer nights. The destination includes Diablo’s Cantina, a festive, two-story Mexican restaurant and introduces five indoor-outdoor restaurants new to The Strip: Yusho, featuring inventive Japanese-inspired street food by celebrated chef Matthias Merges; Double Barrel, the first authentic roadhouse from renowned hospitality group sbe; 800 Degrees, a pizzeria from the California-based restaurateurs behind Umami Burger; BLVD Creamery, a contemporary ice cream shop with innovative flavors and unexpected dessert offerings; and Sambalatte, a Vegas-grown premium coffee experience.
An experiential social gathering place, Monte Carlo’s new plaza offers:
- Yusho Japanese Grill & Noodle House: Renowned Chicago chef Matthias Merges brings his imaginative take on Japanese street food to Las Vegas with Yusho. Merges’ cuisine showcases varieties of steamed buns, unique ramens, house-made pickles, fresh meats and surprising desserts. Signature menu items include the Logan Poser Ramen, made with crispy pork, egg, nori and cucumber; as well as 2X Fried Chicken, created with spicy kanzuri, green tea and lime zest. Yusho’s innovative beverage program features six cocktails on tap as well as an immense selection of Japanese craft beers and road-ready sakes.
- Double Barrel Roadhouse: This high-energy entertainment and dining venue complements an array of craft cocktails, frozen libations and beers with its creative Southern-inspired menu. Roadhouse Sliders, BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps, and Deep Fried S’Mores are just some of early the favorites. The 12,000-square-foot, indoor-outdoor space, envisioned by award-winning designer Mark Zeff, welcomes visitors with live performances by the lively “DB girls” on the elevated catwalks surrounding the bars.
- 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria: From the masterminds behind Los Angeles’ Umami Burger, 800 Degrees offers guests the experience of creating their ultimate, gourmet personal pizzas baked at lightning speed. After selecting a sauce and toppings from anassortment of vegetables, meats, cheeses and spices, the Neapolitan pizza is baked in an 800-degree wood-burning oven. For those who prefer a chef’s recommendation, specialty pizzas and side dishes include the Bianca, Sausage & Peppers, Tartufo and Marinara pizzas along with small bites such as Meatballs, Truffle Cheese Bread and Antipasti. The 3,000-square-foot indoor dining room and 1,000-square-foot outdoor patio seat approximately 120 pizza lovers.
- BLVD Creamery: Childhood favorites and cutting-edge flavors come together at this vibrant ice cream shop that features organic ice creams along with sorbets, cereal-flavored milks and other dessert novelties including flavors such as watermelon-jalapeno, avocado and pinot noir. Monte Carlo’s skilled pastry team churns each creation to silky smooth perfection daily, ensuring each treat is fresh and delicious. Pops of pastel colors set against bright white walls and an upbeat soundtrack of indie alternative and post-punk new wave tunes welcome guests of all ages into a whimsical world of sweet treats.
- Sambalatte Coffee Lounge & Espresso Bar: This Las Vegas-based, award-winning coffee shop exclusively features a Coffee Bean Roaster and a state-of-the-art coffee lab, providing “The Theatre of Coffee,” where guests can watch the experts as they undergo the roasting process. Of course, no entertainment experience would be complete without a beverage in hand, so guests may indulge in signature house blends or creative creations, such as the Nutella Latte, while they watch live entertainment on Sambalatte’s outdoor patio. The venue also serves tea, sandwiches, muffins, scones, cookies, pastries and more.
Monte Carlo’s plaza is the first completed element of an interactive neighborhood in developmentby MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). In addition to the plaza, the indoor-outdoor district includesanenergetic patio culture at New York-New York and The Park, a highly social dining and entertainment spaceleading up to a 20,000-seat world-class Las Vegas arena by MGM Resorts and AEG. The Park and arena will be completed in spring 2016. The project draws inspiration from historic promenades and squares while focusing on creating unique memories for today’s spontaneous, experience-driven guests.
About Monte Carlo
Offering a quality Las Vegas experience at an affordable price, Monte Carlo Resort and Casino features a selection of 2,992 deluxe rooms and suites including the exclusive HOTEL32 boutique experience located on the hotel’s top floor. Monte Carlo is home to a tranquil spa, wave pools and a lazy river, and tantalizing restaurants including the award-winning French cuisine of Andre’s, The Pub and Diablo’s Cantina, d.vino Italian Food & Wine Bar and Dragon Noodle Co. & Sushi Bar. Monte Carlo recently unveiled BLVD Plaza, a new outdoor destination adjacent to the Las Vegas Strip featuring a variety of culinary venues in a casual and interactive environment: Yusho Asian Grill & Ramen house, 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria, Sambalatte Coffee Lounge & Espresso Bar, Double Barrel Roadhouse and BLVD Creamery. Monte Carlo will open a 5,300-seat theater adjacent to The Park in late 2016 offering a flexible and dynamic space for a variety of events and entertainment. Monte Carlo is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit montecarlo.com
, call toll free at (888) 529-4828 or find us on Facebook
MGM Resorts International